Clean • Distance • Protect Plan
In the Flesh, BassAckward Studios, and Wicked E’s have developed our own set of protocols and procedures to ensure that our studio is as safe as it can be for our clients during this crisis. We have consulted with Southwestern District Health Unit to come up with our “Clean- Distance- Protect” protocol, and we have worked together to develop our procedure plans.
We understand that these new protocols are inconvenient for all of us, but the safety of our clients, staff, and community are, as always, our highest priority. We also understand that our protocols go “above and beyond” what has been mandated by the state. Please be assured that the standards we have adopted are to ensure that we ARE doing everything we possibly can to prevent and minimize the spread of COVID-19.
We appreciate your patience and understanding while we strive to serve you as best we can.
Enhanced cleaning protocols are being enacted in addition to our normal standards of stringent disinfection. Fortunately, our high standards and sterilization procedures have always been of the utmost priority in our studio.
These protocols include (but are not limited to):
- Disinfection of regularly used surfaces in our studio. This means countertops, pens, tablets, restrooms, and door handles between each client. As always, procedure rooms are thoroughly sanitized between each client.
- Increased hand hygiene of staff AND clients. Each client will be required to wash their hands and sanitize their phones when they enter our studio.
- To reduce the spread of airborne particulates, our hand dryers in the restrooms will be temporarily disconnected. Paper towels will instead be available for your use.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available for your use as well.
Social distancing is still one of the key practices of the COVID-19 pandemic response. Even though the nature of tattooing and piercing makes that “6 feet of distance” a bit of an impossibility at times, we are still taking the measures we can to maintain that distancing.
- We will make every effort to maintain that 6-feet-apart distance unless a procedure is taking place, and require that you do the same.
- Symptomatic staff members will stay home and we will contact you to reschedule. We will be self-monitoring our temperatures before entering the studio.
- We are required to minimize the number of people in our studio at any given time. Therefore, clients will be by appointment only. Until further notice, we are unable to take walk-in clients. This includes piercings.
- Consultations will be done via video conferencing where applicable; otherwise, a consultation will need to be scheduled, screened, and treated just like any other appointment.
- Clients will be screened for symptoms via phone call the day before your appointment. This call will also detail our new check-in procedures. These new measures are to minimize contact between clients and also give staff the extra time now required to sanitize all surfaces between clients.
- The front door will be locked to prevent unsupervised entry. (This has been okay’ed by the Dickinson Fired Department). Staff may be limited, so once a procedure has started, your artist will be unable to monitor cleaning and distancing protocol outside of the procedure room.
- Procedure rooms will be limited to the client and artist only. Client companions will not be allowed, with some very limited exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
- We will refuse service to any client who arrives with any respiratory symptoms. Please call and reschedule if you are unwell–you will not lose your deposit if you do so. If you are dishonest about this and are symptomatic when you arrive, you will forfeit your deposit. We will be taking your temperature when you arrive.
- To keep contamination at a minimum, once you are checked in, you will need to remain in the building until your procedure is complete. This includes a prohibition on “smoke breaks.” (Sorry!)
- Food and drink will be restricted. Beverages and snacks in commercially packaged containers are acceptable. All other food items are restricted. Snacks in the “snack fridge” will still be available upon request. Straws (individually wrapped, disposable) will be available to clients to help with hydration during their procedure while limiting movement of masks or unnecessary facial touching. Bottles of water will also be available upon request.
- Crystal will still continue to tattoo minors. The parent will also need to check in and follow all protocols, as if they, too, are in for a procedure. The parent may stay with their child during their procedure, but if the parent leaves, he/she will not be allowed back into the building.
The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is already an “every day, every procedure” practice in our studio. However, due to the airborne nature of the virus, we are implementing more extensive PPE practices.
- Our standard operating procedure has always required the use of gloves and single-use, disposable tubes, ink caps, and needles. This, of course, will not change.
- Face masks will be used by all staff. Depending on the risk of aerosolization or the location of the procedure, these masks will be either fabric masks or N95 masks (at the discretion of the artist).
- Staff may also be utilizing face shields or protective eyewear if there is a higher risk of aerosolization or if the location of the procedure requires extra protection.
- Staff may also, at their discretion, implement the use of PPE over their clothing.
- All clients will be required to wear a mask. You may provide your own, or you may purchase one when you enter our studio. If you provide your own mask, it MUST be clean.
Our deposits policy will remain the same for the most part. However, if you are uncomfortable with rescheduling your appointment during this uncertain time, we fully understand. At your request, we can either extend your deposit for another 6 months, or we can gladly convert your deposit to a standard gift certificate (which is valid for 6 years from date of issue.)
If you are well at the time of your screening call, but end up feeling sick the following day before your appointment, PLEASE call and reschedule for your own safety and ours. If you do this, your deposit will be held. If you are ill and you show up for your appointment anyway, it is up to the discretion of the artist whether to serve you or not. We fully reserve the right to refuse service in this circumstance, in which case you will forfeit your deposit.
- As Wicked E’s Piercing is primarily conducted as a walk-in studio, Erin has implemented extra protocols to re-open. Erin will be piercing by appointment only, and some services may be limited at her discretion. Wicked E’s now has a separate number to call or text for all piercing inquiries. You may still call and leave a message at the shop in regards to piercing, and Erin will return your call as soon as possible. WICKED E’S PIERCING CAN NOW BE REACHED AT 701-260-8780. Call or text. This number is for piercing only.
- There will be no handling of jewelry by anyone other than staff.
- The state asks that we recommend downloading the Care-19 App. This is entirely your decision. We do keep detailed records of each client visit; in the event of an outbreak, you will be notified by the health department if there is a chance that you may have been exposed to COVID-19 at our studio.
- Also note that we may, in future, reserve the right to change fees to accommodate rising costs of PPE.
Due to the fluid nature of the situation, these protocols may change at any time. We have all learned that restrictions and procedures can change with very little notice.
Thank you for your continued patronage and for trusting us with your body art! Kindly bear with us as we all adjust to the weirdness.
As of 05/01/2020 *subject to change/update without notice as the situation warrants. Changes may also occur based on the availability of PPE. Please continue to follow us on Facebook for up-to-date information.